Projects and WBS are created or modified in the source system and duplicated to SAP S/4HANA via the SAP Central Finance interface in this integrated scenario.
Before the 2020 main release, the projects may be duplicated and used for reporting without being able to edit, change, or settle them.
With the introduction of SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS1, it is now possible to resolve replicated WBS to AUC in the SAP Central Finance system. Additionally, it appears to serve as the basis for the fully developed SAP Central Finance – Central Asset Management, which is presently thought to be scheduled for the SAP S/4HANA 2021 Release.
Please refer to the photos below for clarification. Image 1 shows that only WBS that were created in SAP S/4HANA could be settled, but with 2020 FPS1, even replicated WBS that were created in the source system could be settled.
- Create/Change WBS in Source system
- Allocate cost to WBS as part of project cost in source system. Cost can be coming from manual JV, PO or any other expenses
- Replication to SAP Central Finance
- Project Master Data
- FI Documents
- Cost on WBS
Please note below:
- Project Master Data is replicated using Application Link Enabling (ALE) and the IDOCS contain the projects master data
- FI documents are replicated via SLT using standard Central Finance interface and get posted to ACDOCA table4When replication of WBS happens the system creates the AUC (Asset Under Construction) automatically
- Further settlement of costs can happen periodically from the replicated WBS elements to the corresponding assets under construction
- Finally you can do full settlement of AuC to Fixed Assets
- If changes are needed in projects/WBS then that can be done on the original source system and these changes can be replicated using SAP Central Finance scenarios.
- Automatic production of assets during project replication that are still being built
- enabling the option to alter the settlement rule for the asset and profitability segment in a replicated WBS element
- enabling the Central Finance system to settle WBS to AuC and AuC to Final Asset
- When ending a project or WBS piece in the source system, a status change check is permitted.
- Setting the deletion flag status for a project or WBS piece in a source system allows for a status change check.
- Check the setup using Report FINS CFIN PS CHECK before replication begins.
Important Things to Bear in Mind Before You Use This
- Choose your corporate codes wisely for this circumstance.
- Projects Profile mappings between the source and target systems are required.
- Use of the new project profiles is advised.
- Mapping investment profiles is also necessary.
- It is advised to build up projects inside the same company codes because the cross-company code situation might not function because there is no asset accounting.
- This scenario won’t work if the source system is on the cloud.
- It is not possible to write back from the target to the source without developing a special solution.
- Replication is limited to genuine data.
- Replication over networks is not supported.
- When a project is released from the source system and duplicated to the target system, the WBS element and project IDs cannot be modified in either system.
- Only Fixed Assets and Profitability Segments Support Settlement Rule.
- Only the target system can be used to close a project.
- Target system allows for setting of deletion flag
- Only when the asset under construction has not yet been capitalised in the source system may the investment profile be erased.
To activate this scenario, both the source system and the target system must undergo extensive configuration.
I’ll be back with yet another configuration settings blog.
Let’s explore what SAP has planned for this area’s upcoming release.
Continue reading CFIN.