Several new exception key figures for various sectors were added with ST-A/PI 01Q* (e.g. SAP ERP sales, SAP CRM sales & services, SAP APO). As root cause analysis becomes a quick and simple task, the feedback from our initial clients in our business process improvement initiatives was astounding. Because of this, we decided to continue providing such vital figures in the future. I previously wrote a blog post regarding exceptions at period end closing and hinted that we will continue to build such critical figures in the area of controlling. In the field of CO-PC, a number of new monitoring objects and key figures are now available with the delivery of support package 1 for ST-A/PI 01Q*. There are now several new application areas for controlling for filtering in business process analytics and monitoring. Some “old” monitoring items, such as Cost Estimates and Schedule Manager Monitor, which were formerly accessible in the application area Fincancials, can be found underneath this application area (where they still resides as well). However, we now include new Controlling objects and crucial figures as well.
You may now locate the new monitoring object Exceptions in Costing in product cost planning (CO-PC-PCP), which contains two new key numbers. One important chart is Exceptions during costing run, which looks for any error messages that were raised during any costing run in the specified reference period, regardless of whether they occurred during the selection, costing, marking, or releasing process.
The other crucial figure is called Exceptions during cost calculation CK11N, which looks for problems that occurred while costing was done in dialogue mode.
One new monitoring object, called Exceptions in Cost Object Controlling, was introduced in the area of cost object calculation (CO-PC-OBJ), along with two new key figures. Variations in the computation of WIP
and Variance Calculation Exceptions
Last but not least, we added a new object Cost Calculations from Confirmations with the new key figure to the actual costing (CO-PC-ACT) category.
All cost posting problems that occurred during order confirmation are listed in the document entitled Inaccurate Cost Calculations from Confirmations (no matter if it comes from a production, process or maintenance order etc.)
http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Monitoring and Business Process Analytics frequently asked questions are addressed there.
Accordingly, go to http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Analytics.
Additional information regarding the SAP Solution Manager’s Business Process Analytics and Business Process Monitoring functionalities is available in the blogs listed below (in chronological order).
- SAP Solution Manager’s new Business Process Monitoring features, ALE and IDoc Monitoring
- SAP Solution Manager now includes new business process monitoring features called qRFC Monitoring.
- Functionalities for New Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager To address SAP Solution Manager inconsistencies
- SAP Solution Manager’s SAP Business Process Monitoring
- SAP Solution Manager’s new Business Process Monitoring features, BPMon Trend Analysis Reporting
- Best Practice: Manufacturing Business Process Monitoring
- Monitoring business processes for procure to pay is a best practise.
- Best Practice: Order to Cash Business Process Monitoring
- Business Process Monitoring – Downloadable template configuration
- Business process monitoring FAQs
- Common Use Cases for SAP Solution Manager’s Business Process Monitoring
- SAP Solution Manager’s new Business Process Monitoring features, Customer Exit
- There is now a new key figure catalogue for business process monitoring.
- Why SAP provides several tools for business process optimization and monitoring
- Create custom auto-reaction messages using the BAdI exit in Business Process Monitoring.
- Improve your essential business processes while safeguarding your SAP ERP investment
- Refresh the Business Process Operation Work Center’s Solution Landscape cache.
- Within five minutes, develop your own business process monitoring key figure that is relevant to your customers.
- Monitoring the BW Process Chain with SAP Solution Manager: Best Practice, Part 1
- Monitoring BW Process Chain with SAP Solution Manager: Best Practice, Part 2: Setup
- New key figures for CRM Marketing and Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager
- How to optimise your business processes with the new functionality “Business Process Analytics”
- New important figures for SAP Solution Manager’s Business Process Monitoring, particularly Lead Time metrics
- Comparing the use of business process monitoring vs traditional KPIs
- Real exceptions vs systematic errors, or efficiency gains versus effectiveness
- Prior to implementing SAP HANA, you should think about cleaning up your backend system.
- Best Practice: CRM Sales Business Process Monitoring
- SAP TechEd 2011: SAP Business Process Operations Extensions
- Dashboards for business process operations: EVERYTHING AT A GLANCE
- Dashboards for business process operations: the background
- Testimonials from clients regarding business process analytics
- Create your own key figures for BPMon AND Business Process Analytics as a customer exit.
- Attention: Changes to the BPMon & Analytics setup environment with SolMan 7.1 SP5
- BPMon & BP Analytics now provide new critical figures, particularly for working capital improvement
- SAP Solution Manager’s new Business Process Monitoring features, BPMon Alert Reporting Analysis
- SAP SolMan 7.1 SP5 adds new Business Process Analytics functionalities.
- New Business Process Analytics: The order of the filters is crucial
- New important figures: Monitoring and analysing delivery due processing exceptions
- Analyzing/monitoring exceptions during billing due processing is a new crucial figure.
- Improved important figures: tracking and analysing SD invoices that haven’t been sent to FI
- Analyzing/monitoring CRM Sales or Service records, Business Activities, or Tasks: New Key Figures
- Analysis and tracking of exceptions from APO planning runs in new keyfigures
- New content for FSCM, APO, and CRM as well as new exception and automation rate key data for BPMon and BP Analytics
- Analyzing/monitoring exceptions during Period End Closing: New Key Figures