Organizations should be aware that implementing a few XML integration points is not enough to fully comply with Brazil’s Nota Fiscal regulations. Localization, SPED, and transmitting and receiving digital Nota Fiscals are the three main compliance issues that SAP Nota Fiscal solutions and services must address. The complexity of the process configuration inside the ERP system is frequently underestimated by individuals in charge of their company’s massive SAP Global Template. The three main areas where you should seek advice are listed below:
- There are various OSS notes that you need to look at and instal for SAP ERP Localization for Brazil compliance. I have seen firms who would need to instal upwards of 200 notes to get their system compliant if you are not on the most recent version of SAP ECC 6.0. Understanding your local requirements in Brazil and ensuring that they are in line with the SAP global template’s upgrade and change management policies are essential. There are alternate alternatives to large upgrades, and there is frequently misunderstanding. Without having a significant impact on their worldwide SAP deployment or template, the local teams can obtain the answers they require.
- SPED Compliance – Under the direction of the Brazilian Federal Revenue Office, SPED’s goals are to coordinate the actions of the tax authorities by exchanging accounting and tax information. This will speed up the detection of tax infractions by comparing the tax returns that taxpayers submit with their accounting records. Once your system has been localised, this procedure necessitates the creation of intricate and detailed reports. Some instances of SPED Reports are SPED PIS/COFINS, EFD FISCAL SPED, and SPED CONTBIL.
- Nota Fiscal Eletronica (NF-e) – legislation encompassed not only tangible commodities (NF-e), but also service invoices (NFS-e) and logistic invoices (CTe), making the implementation process for multinational corporations even more difficult. The following capability is required for operational NFe solutions for SAP users:
- All NFe document types are supported (both inbound and outbound invoices, including Service Invoices and CTe)
- SAP Rapid Deployment Templates protect the SAP ERP implementation from the demands of the regional market.
- A regional solution that serves various nations: Businesses that only serve one market must manage numerous vendors, and they must also keep in mind that significant SAP configuration points are lost when government or SAP changes are necessary.
- Change Management should be incorporated; a lot of available solutions desire to charge a business more for extensive services each time the government changes.
Therefore, while you consider solutions, be sure to thoroughly comprehend the problems brought on by the transfer of your company’s SAP system to Brazil. Aside from that, make sure you comprehend the new NF-e inbound process mandates and how they apply to SPED reporting beginning in April 2012.