This blog about Latin America frequently discusses the regulations and what businesses must do to comply and keep out of trouble. The Latin American model does have advantages for businesses as well as for governments. Whenever the topic of inbound processing is brought up, the efficiency of the SAP MIRO/MIGO processes always comes up. However, country e-Invoicing rules, especially in Brazil and Mexico, give up new options that could not have been done in the past. This process flow is frequently unique to firms who have distinct terminology or business processes.
The government of Brazil’s standardisation of invoicing formats is what has made this opportunity so successful. Organizations have a rare opportunity to speed up and simplify their MIRO/MIGO processes because the Brazilian government decided to add the PO number and line item information to the invoice. Keep in mind that your company must have access to the XML from all of your suppliers. In Brazil, email is frequently used for this, although it can also be done using a direct connect communication protocol like AS2, SFTP, or a Web Service. Keep in mind that this XML invoice needs to be authorised by the government and that its paper copy (DANFe) needs to be on the truck before it can be shipped. Consequently, two things are ensured:
- Although typos in product codes or breakage during shipment are possible, what is on the invoice and what is in the truck will match. This is where the return process and corrective notices come into play.
- The invoice will be available to your AP team before the goods actually arrive.
- The newly developed “Eventos” ensure that the “Okay to Deduct” status on the inbound invoice by prohibiting cancellation of an NFe provided you acknowledge the acceptance of the NFe and that the goods were received as documented.
By using SAP Templates for Brazil Nota Fiscal MIRO/MIGO processing, many multinational corporations are utilising this Brazil benefit. This kind of remedy:
- Regardless of communication protocol, offers a means of collecting all supplier invoices
- Enables one-click access to both the XML and PDF of incoming Nota Fiscal XML and parses it out into a digestible display inside of SAP.
- Automatic fiscal compliance is offered to guarantee that the invoice is legitimate and approved by the government.
- Automatic comparison to meta data, such as the vendor master, is offered to check for the existence of a supplier and to confirm price and taxes are as expected.
- To post a goods receipt, provide a single scan at the warehouse.
- One-click payment release is available.
Organizations doing business in Brazil should consider ways to streamline their receiving, returns, and payables processes in light of the comprehensive information provided.