We explored the Eventos notion that the Brazilian tax authority was considering in earlier pieces. As usual, some industries are already being impacted by the first wave of inbound receiving mandates. Oil and gas firms are currently required to implement the Eventos concept. Two groups of industries are covered by the mandates:
A live production environment is required:
- March 1st, 2013 for Fuel Distribution Companies
- Reselling businesses and gas stations: July 1, 2013
The rationale behind the government’s shift and imposition of this new procedure: The Brazilian SEFAZ seeks to establish regulations that will stop both transportation fraud and NF-e cancellations following the delivery of products. Without the customers’ knowledge, dishonest vendors created “ghost” transactions at the end of each month using their tax identification numbers. Later, transactions could be cancelled without having any impact on the sender. This method was used in illegal product shipping and is still in use today. What oil and gas firms must do is
- In brief: For each document received, the recipient of an NF-e or CT-e, a transportation invoice, will send an Acknowledgement to the government.
The following functionality must be present in your solution in order for it to fully comply with the Eventos process:
- Engine for inbound Nota Fiscal validation
- Verify every Inbound NFe
- Verify every Inbound CTe
- Deep SAP integration should be used instead of a separate box or middleware management to start and oversee the development of “Eventos.” This ought to be a natural progression from your SAP ERP. Your firm has a production support headache if you have to monitor SAP ERP, a middleware integration to the NFe solution, a middleware connection to the SEFAZ, and so on.
- After the government receives the Acknowledgement Eventos, the ability to download the XML from the SEFAZ
- Receivers are permitted to download the XML from the government portal after sending the ACK to the SEFAZ. The buyer should gain greatly from this aspect of the law. A highly integrated system will be able to immediately download the XML from the SEFAZ if the company receives the DANFE, a paper representation that must accompany the vehicle, without it. As a result, there is no longer any requirement for or problem with suppliers delivering XML.
- In essence, the Brazilian government is transforming into an eInvoicing network with two-way communication between the Buyer and Suppliers with the implementation of Eventos.
- Please review my previous blog post where I explained the 4 interfaces of Eventos for information on how to coordinate the MIGO transaction in SAP as the Good Receipt will be necessary in order to generate the additional confirmation.